Relationship advice based on experience.
- There’s the honeymoon phase. It is that first month into a relationship.You’re going to love this phase but it doesn’t last forever. It’ll eventually end. So don’t expect your relationship to stay in the honeymoon phase forever.
- Like any relationship there will most likely be arguments and fights. My relationship had fights and even break ups but if you’re willing to work things out because you still love each other then it’s well worth it to keep that person.
- Sometimes you’ll get bored of seeing your partner. It’s the same with anyone you see a lot. Try to spice things up. Travel together, go to new places, have a spontaneous adventure.
- When paying for lunch or dinner if you guys have the funds paying for each other is okay. Just remember to take turns paying so that it doesn’t feel like one person is doing all the paying. Try to make everything 50/50.
- There obviously will be jealously in a relationship. It’s best to tell your partner and explain to them why you’re jealous instead of hiding it and letting it rot your insides.
- If something is bothering you in anyway tell your partner! Don’t hide it and have it blow up later on. I’m totally guilty for this.
- Give each other freedom. You don’t want to be the person that’s holding your partner down from doing stuff like hang with his/her friends.
- It’s okay to not talk to each other for a day! Don’t make it a big deal. Everyone has things to do so one day of not talking to you won’t kill you. If you’re clingy try to stray away from that a bit. Some people don’t mind clingy but there are a lot more people that don’t like someone being too clingy.
- Don’t rely on your partner too much. Try to continue to hang out with your friends too. Hanging with your partner all the time will result in dependence which isn’t good if you break up.